Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Mehlville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Mehlville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Mehlville, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act negligent, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that result in instant financial, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that hurt you accountable and get you the full compensation you need to be made whole again. Reach out to a Mehlville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Mehlville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers were harmed.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Mehlville, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian tunnel has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot go between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's important to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Mehlville, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Mehlville, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Mehlville, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability claim, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The government entity responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, we can hold various entities at-fault. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the municipal agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to win you full compensation you are owed. This is vitally important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Mehlville, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you may still recover compensation for your injuries, but it will be reduced depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Attempting to shift responsibility onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Mehlville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those stunts and get you the compensation you are entitled to.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Mehlville, MO Help With My Case?
Your Mehlville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal knowledge to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, pictures, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Mehlville, MO accident experts to help ascertain accountability in your claim.
- Work with our network of Mehlville, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your accident, the severity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Mehlville, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical bills, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Mehlville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Mehlville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to see what other services we offer in Mehlville, MO:
Mehlville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, your Mehlville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Mehlville, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Mehlville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.