Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Springfield, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Springfield, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Springfield, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that injured you accountable and get you the complete compensation you need to truly recover. Call a Springfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Springfield, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in crashes and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Springfield, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a pedestrian bridge has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Springfield, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Springfield, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless manner.
- A car manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The government agency responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, multiple people, companies and organizations may share accountability. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the municipal agency who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to get you maximum compensation you deserve. This is vitally important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Springfield, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you may still receive compensation for your compensation, but it will be lowered based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Trying to move responsibility onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Springfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by an unsympathetic insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Springfield, MO Help With My Case?
Your Springfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal knowledge to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Springfield, MO crash experts to help determine fault in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Springfield, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Springfield, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Springfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Springfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to see what other services we offer in Springfield, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Springfield, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was harmed in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Springfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Springfield, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Springfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.