Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Wildwood, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Wildwood, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Wildwood, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that create unanticipated economic, emotional and physical burdens for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you accountable and secure you the complete financial recovery you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Wildwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Wildwood, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in crashes and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Wildwood, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Wildwood, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot go across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Wildwood, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Wildwood, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Wildwood, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability claim, for instance if a car's brakes stop working.
- The public agency responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, multiple entities may share responsibility. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you get a financial recovery from the driver and the government entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible accountable party in your accident in order to get you maximum compensation you deserve. This is especially important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to reimburse you for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Wildwood, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you may still recover compensation for your damages, but it will be lowered based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Trying to move accountability onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Wildwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by an unsympathetic insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Wildwood, MO Do for Me?
Your Wildwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal skill to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Wildwood, MO wreck experts to help determine fault in your claim.
- Work with our network of Wildwood, MO medical experts to exactly value your damages.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the particulars of your injury, the severity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Wildwood, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can receive compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Wildwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Wildwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the these links to see what other services we offer in Wildwood, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Wildwood, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Wildwood, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are owed. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Wildwood, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Wildwood, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.