Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Sappington, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Sappington, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Sappington, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the exceptional legal support that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that harmed you responsible and win you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Sappington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Sappington, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the whole country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Sappington, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complicated, it's key to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Sappington, MO immediately if you were injured by a vehicle. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Sappington, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Sappington, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold at-fault are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent manner.
- A car manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability claim, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government agency responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, multiple parties may share liability. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the municipal agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to win you fair compensation you deserve. This is vitally important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Sappington, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will be awarded compensation for the portion of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering any compensation if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to move accountability onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Sappington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not manipulated by a powerful insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Sappington, MO Do for Me?
Your Sappington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal skill to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of Sappington, MO wreck experts to help ascertain accountability for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Sappington, MO medical experts to exactly value your damages.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when the insurance company will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your case, the seriousness of your injuries and the expertise of your Sappington, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can secure compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Sappington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Sappington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to discover what other services we offer in Sappington, MO:
Sappington, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident because of someone else's negligence, trust in your Sappington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Sappington, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Sappington, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.