Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Wright City, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Wright City, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Wright City, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you accountable and win you the fair financial recovery you need to truly heal. Call a Wright City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Wright City, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Wright City, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Wright City, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot go across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Wright City, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Wright City, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Wright City, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The municipal entity who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a vehicle.
In some cases, multiple entities may share responsibility. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the government agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to win you fair compensation you are entitled to. This is vitally important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Wright City, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you may still collect compensation for your injuries, but it will be decreased based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you altogether. Your Wright City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not manipulated by a selfish insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Wright City, MO Help With My Case?
Your Wright City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police records and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Wright City, MO crash experts to help ascertain accountability for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Wright City, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That depends on the particulars of your case, the scope of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Wright City, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Wright City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Wright City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Wright City, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Wright City, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Wright City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Wright City, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Wright City, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.