Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Eldon, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Eldon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Eldon, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that lead to sudden economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the skillful legal representation that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that harmed you accountable and secure you the complete financial recovery you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Eldon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Eldon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 non-passengers were harmed.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in crashes and 3,138 were harmed.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Eldon, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively convoluted, it's vital to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Eldon, MO immediately if you were harmed in a pedestrian accident. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Eldon, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Eldon, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The government agency who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various parties accountable. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the municipal body who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible accountable party in your accident in order to get you full compensation you deserve. This is especially important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Eldon, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you might still receive compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to move accountability onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Eldon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by an unsympathetic insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Eldon, MO Help With My Case?
Your Eldon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal knowledge to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Eldon, MO crash experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Eldon, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your accident, the scope of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Eldon, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, like:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Eldon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Eldon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to find out what other services we offer in Eldon, MO:
Eldon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was harmed in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Eldon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Eldon, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Eldon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.