Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Union, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Union, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Union, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that create unexpected economic, emotional and physical burdens for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the skillful legal counsel that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that harmed you responsible and get you the fair financial recovery you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Union, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians were injured.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in accidents and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Union, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Union, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run into traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian tunnel has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Union, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Union, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the entities commonly found liable are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless way.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government body who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, we can hold various entities at-fault. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the government agency who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible to blame party in your accident in order to get you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is vitally important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Union, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you may still recover compensation for your damages, but it will be reduced based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you entirely. Your Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those tactics and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Union, MO Do for Me?
Your Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal experience to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in the dark. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police records and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Union, MO collision experts to help ascertain accountability for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Union, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, the extent of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Union, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the following links to discover what other services we offer in Union, MO:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Union, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Union, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Union, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Union, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.