Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
St. Charles, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Charles, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Charles, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that create unexpected financial, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that injured you responsible and get you the complete financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a St. Charles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | St. Charles, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in St. Charles, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the St. Charles, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles must stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Charles, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in St. Charles, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving distracted, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for instance if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The municipal body responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some cases, multiple people, companies and organizations may share accountability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the government agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible accountable party in your accident in order to secure you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in St. Charles, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you will be awarded compensation for the portion of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if most of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you entirely. Your St. Charles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those tactics and get you the financial recovery you are owed.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Charles, MO Do for Me?
Your St. Charles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal expertise to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work with our network of St. Charles, MO wreck experts to help ascertain liability for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of St. Charles, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your injury, the scope of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your St. Charles, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your St. Charles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St. Charles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the these links to see what other services we offer in St. Charles, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
St. Charles, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, your St. Charles, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in St. Charles, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Charles, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.