Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Ellisville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Ellisville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Ellisville, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the expert legal counsel that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that harmed you responsible and get you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Ellisville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Ellisville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers were injured.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in crashes and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Ellisville, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complex, it's key to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Ellisville, MO immediately if you were harmed in a pedestrian accident. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Ellisville, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Ellisville, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the people, companies and organizations your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold accountable are:
- The driver, for example if they were running a red light, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent manner.
- A car manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a car's brakes stop working.
- The public entity who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a vehicle.
In some claims, we can hold various entities liable. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the municipal entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is vitally important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Ellisville, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you may still collect compensation for your compensation, but it will be decreased depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Trying to move fault onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Ellisville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those tactics and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Ellisville, MO Help With My Case?
Your Ellisville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Ellisville, MO collision experts to help determine fault for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Ellisville, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your case, the scope of your damages and the skill of your Ellisville, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Ellisville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Ellisville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to discover what other services we offer in Ellisville, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Ellisville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, your Ellisville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are entitled to. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Ellisville, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Ellisville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.