Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Quincy, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Quincy, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Quincy, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or organization that harmed you accountable and secure you the complete compensation you need to be made whole again. Call a Quincy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Quincy, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the whole country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers were harmed.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Quincy, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Quincy, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Quincy, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public agency responsible for overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some claims, we can hold various parties to blame. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the government entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to win you fair compensation you are owed. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Quincy, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you will get compensation for the percentage of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Quincy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those tactics and get you the compensation you deserve.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Quincy, MO Help With My Case?
Your Quincy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal expertise to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Quincy, MO collision experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Quincy, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your accident, the extent of your damages and the expertise of your Quincy, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can collect compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Quincy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Quincy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to find out what other services we offer in Quincy, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Quincy, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Quincy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Quincy, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Quincy, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.