Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Litchfield, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Litchfield, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Litchfield, IL. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that harmed you responsible and secure you the fair compensation you need to truly recover. Call a Litchfield, IL pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Litchfield, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the whole country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Litchfield, IL?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles must stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Litchfield, IL straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Litchfield, IL?
That changes between cases. Some of the entities commonly found to blame include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The municipal agency responsible for overseeing the safety of an intersection or road, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, we can hold various people, companies and organizations at-fault. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the public agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you fair compensation you deserve. This is especially important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Litchfield, IL if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you may still recover compensation for your compensation, but it will be lowered depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering anything for your damages if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Attempting to shift blame onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Litchfield, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those stunts and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Litchfield, IL Help With My Case?
Your Litchfield, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal expertise to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police records and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Litchfield, IL wreck experts to help ascertain accountability for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Litchfield, IL medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your injury, the extent of your damages and the talent and drive of your Litchfield, IL injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can receive compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Litchfield, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Litchfield, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to see what other services we offer in Litchfield, IL:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Litchfield, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident because of someone else's negligence, trust in your Litchfield, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Litchfield, IL clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Litchfield, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.