Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Moberly, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Moberly, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Moberly, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that hurt you accountable and win you the full financial recovery you need to truly heal. Call a Moberly, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Moberly, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Moberly, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Moberly, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively intricate, it's key to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Moberly, MO right away if you were harmed while crossing the street. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Moberly, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Moberly, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless manner.
- A car manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability case, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government agency who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some cases, we can hold various people, companies and organizations to blame. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the municipal entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to win you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Moberly, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you might still receive compensation for your compensation, but it will be reduced depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering anything for your damages if most of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Moberly, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tactics and get you the compensation you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Moberly, MO Help With My Case?
Your Moberly, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal skill to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, including eyewitness dispositions, pictures, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Moberly, MO crash experts to help determine accountability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Moberly, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Fight back against insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the specifics of your accident, the severity of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Moberly, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Moberly, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Moberly, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to find out what other services we offer in Moberly, MO:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Moberly, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Moberly, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Moberly, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Moberly, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.