Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Glendale, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Glendale, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Glendale, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that lead to instant financial, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that injured you accountable and win you the fair compensation you need to be made whole again. Call a Glendale, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Glendale, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the entire country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Glendale, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must stop when a pedestrian is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian tunnel has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's vital to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Glendale, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Glendale, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Glendale, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the people, companies and organizations commonly found accountable are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless way.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability claim, for instance if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The government agency who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some cases, multiple parties may share accountability. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to get a financial recovery from the driver and the government entity who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to win you fair compensation you deserve. This is vitally important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Glendale, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you might still collect compensation for your compensation, but it will be lowered based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Glendale, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not taken advantage of by an uncaring insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Glendale, MO Help With My Case?
Your Glendale, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Glendale, MO wreck experts to help ascertain accountability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Glendale, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your injury, the scope of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Glendale, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can secure compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Glendale, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Glendale, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to find out what other services we offer in Glendale, MO:
Glendale, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was injured in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, trust in your Glendale, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Glendale, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Glendale, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.