Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Bourbon, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Bourbon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Bourbon, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause terrible injuries that lead to sudden economic, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you accountable and win you the complete financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Bourbon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Bourbon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Bourbon, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles must yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Bourbon, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Bourbon, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Bourbon, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold responsible include:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The municipal body who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, multiple people, companies and organizations may share accountability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the government body who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you full compensation you deserve. This is vitally important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Bourbon, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will receive compensation for the part of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move blame onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Bourbon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those tactics and get you the compensation you deserve.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Bourbon, MO Do for Me?
Your Bourbon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to compensate you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness testimony, pictures, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Bourbon, MO accident experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of Bourbon, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That depends on the specifics of your injury, the gravity of your injuries and the skill of your Bourbon, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Bourbon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Bourbon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to discover what other services we offer in Bourbon, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Bourbon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was hurt in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Bourbon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Bourbon, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Bourbon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.