Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Vandalia, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Vandalia, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Vandalia, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that result in sudden economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the talented legal support that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the person or organization that injured you accountable and secure you the full compensation you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Vandalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Vandalia, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in accidents and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Vandalia, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Vandalia, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian tunnel has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's important to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Vandalia, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Vandalia, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Vandalia, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the parties commonly found responsible are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drunk, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The municipal body who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there a sign that makes a pedestrian difficult to see from a car.
In some cases, multiple parties may share accountability. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the government agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you the full financial recovery you deserve. This is vitally important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Vandalia, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you may still receive compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Attempting to move responsibility onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Vandalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tricks and get you the compensation you deserve.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Vandalia, MO Help With My Case?
Your Vandalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to compensate you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, pictures, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Vandalia, MO crash experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Vandalia, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your injury, the scope of your damages and the expertise of your Vandalia, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Vandalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Vandalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to discover what other services we offer in Vandalia, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Vandalia, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was hurt in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Vandalia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Vandalia, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Vandalia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.