Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Imperial, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Imperial, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Imperial, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that result in unanticipated financial, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that harmed you accountable and secure you the fair compensation you need to be made whole again. Reach out to a Imperial, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Imperial, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians were harmed.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Imperial, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian tunnel has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot go across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Imperial, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Imperial, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent way.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The municipal agency responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, multiple people, companies and organizations may share responsibility. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you get a financial recovery from the driver and the government agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible liable party in your accident in order to get you maximum compensation you are entitled to. This is extremely important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Imperial, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you may still recover compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering any compensation if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Imperial, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those tricks and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Imperial, MO Help With My Case?
Your Imperial, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Imperial, MO crash experts to help determine fault in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Imperial, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your injury, the scope of your damages and the skill of your Imperial, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Imperial, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Imperial, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to see what other services we offer in Imperial, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Imperial, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, trust in your Imperial, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Imperial, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Imperial, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.