Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Hannibal, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Hannibal, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Hannibal, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that lead to sudden economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the expert legal advocacy that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that harmed you accountable and secure you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly heal. Call a Hannibal, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Hannibal, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in crashes and 3,138 were injured.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Hannibal, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian tunnel has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot cut across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complex, it's vital to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Hannibal, MO as soon as possible if you were injured in a pedestrian accident. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Hannibal, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Hannibal, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless manner.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public entity who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some claims, we can hold various parties liable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the public body who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to secure you fair compensation you deserve. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Hannibal, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will be awarded compensation for the portion of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you entirely. Your Hannibal, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by a powerful insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Hannibal, MO Help With My Case?
Your Hannibal, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal experience to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in the dark. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Hannibal, MO collision experts to help determine fault in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Hannibal, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance company will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the specifics of your injury, the severity of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Hannibal, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Hannibal, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Hannibal, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to find out what other services we offer in Hannibal, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Hannibal, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident that was not their fault, your Hannibal, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are owed. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Hannibal, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Hannibal, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.