Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Wardsville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Wardsville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Wardsville, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that lead to sudden economic, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team helps the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the expert legal support that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the person or corporation that hurt you responsible and get you the full financial recovery you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Wardsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Wardsville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Wardsville, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian tunnel has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's key to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Wardsville, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Wardsville, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Wardsville, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the parties commonly found responsible are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless way.
- A car manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability claim, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The municipal agency who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, we can hold various entities liable. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the municipal body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to secure you the maximum financial recovery you are entitled to. This is especially important if if one party, in conjunction with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to pay for all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Wardsville, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you may still get compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you entirely. Your Wardsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those tactics and get you the compensation you are owed.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Wardsville, MO Do for Me?
Your Wardsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal experience to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to reimburse you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, photographs, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Wardsville, MO collision experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of Wardsville, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on recovering.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your injury, the extent of your damages and the talent and drive of your Wardsville, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, like:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Wardsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Wardsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to find out what other services we offer in Wardsville, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Wardsville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident because of someone else's negligence, trust in your Wardsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Wardsville, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Wardsville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.