Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Troy, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Troy, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Troy, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that result in unexpected financial, emotional and physical hardships for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the talented legal representation that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that harmed you accountable and get you the full compensation you need to truly heal. Call a Troy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Troy, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in crashes and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Troy, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles should yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's crucial to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Troy, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Troy, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Troy, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the parties your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold at-fault are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public agency who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, multiple parties may share responsibility. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the municipal entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to secure you the great financial recovery you are entitled to. This is especially important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Troy, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you may still get compensation for your compensation, but it will be decreased depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move responsibility onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Troy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not mistreated by a powerful insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Troy, MO Help With My Case?
Your Troy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal skill to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all relevant evidence, including eyewitness testimony, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Troy, MO wreck experts to help ascertain accountability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Troy, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your injury, the gravity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Troy, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical bills, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Troy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Troy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the links below to find out what other services we offer in Troy, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Troy, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Troy, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Troy, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Troy, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.