Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Weldon Spring, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Weldon Spring, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act negligent, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that result in instant financial, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that injured you accountable and get you the complete financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Call a Weldon Spring, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Weldon Spring, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers were injured.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Weldon Spring, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Weldon Spring, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles must stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian bridge has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot go across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Weldon Spring, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent way.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The municipal body responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, we can hold various entities accountable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the government agency who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you maximum compensation you are entitled to. This is particularly important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to cover all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Weldon Spring, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you will receive compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Trying to shift fault onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Weldon Spring, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by a selfish insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO Do for Me?
Your Weldon Spring, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness testimony, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of Weldon Spring, MO collision experts to help ascertain accountability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Weldon Spring, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your case, the significance of your injuries and the skill of your Weldon Spring, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Weldon Spring, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Weldon Spring, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the links below to find out what other services we offer in Weldon Spring, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Weldon Spring, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Weldon Spring, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Weldon Spring, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Weldon Spring, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.