Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Arnold, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Arnold, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you responsible and get you the maximum financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in crashes and 3,138 were harmed.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Arnold, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a pedestrian bridge has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complex, it's key to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Arnold, MO immediately if you were injured while crossing the street. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Arnold, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Arnold, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the entities your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold accountable include:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless way.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The public body who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some cases, multiple people, companies and organizations may share accountability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you get a financial recovery from the driver and the municipal body who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you full compensation you are entitled to. This is especially important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Arnold, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will receive compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to move responsibility onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those tactics and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Arnold, MO Help With My Case?
Your Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal experience to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, pictures, police records and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Arnold, MO accident experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Arnold, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the specifics of your injury, the extent of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Arnold, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to discover what other services we offer in Arnold, MO:
Arnold, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, your Arnold, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Arnold, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Arnold, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.