Injury Claim Lawyer Arnold, MO
Arnold, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Arnold, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Arnold, MO. No one expects to be injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. It can be infuriating when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law provide an outlet for injured victims to receive a financial recovery for their injuries by means of personal injury claims. Usually, you'll need the aid of an injury claim lawyer in Arnold, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our lives to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois a full financial recovery, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Arnold, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or deliberate actions. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team helps the injured with in Arnold, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter how you sustained your injuries, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Arnold, MO has seen it before. If you've been hurt because of somebody else's negligence, get in touch with us right away so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Arnold, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot receive compensation for every injury; you must demonstrate that someone else is to blame for your damages. In order for your claim to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Establishing a duty of care is the first step in your claim. You must substantiate that the defendant had an obligation to your safety. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that drivers owe others a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and patron, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you have to show that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law stipulated.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have suffered any injuries. So, if a driver had not been distracted, or a doctor had diagnosed you correctly, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to the defendant's responsibility for the cause in fact. If a driver ran a red light because their breaks malfunctioned, then the duty of care may have been breached by a manufacturer or mechanic, not by the driver.
- Damages: The last thing you need to prove is that you suffered damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you're in a slip and fall and only suffer a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you likely will not be able to file a sound claim because you did not incur any real injury.
Every Arnold, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury claim. If don't know whether or not your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, reach out to an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Arnold, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we get a new case in Arnold, MO, it's usually the first time our client has experienced an injury claim and is understandably uncertain about what the whole process entails. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Arnold, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Arnold, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Arnold, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and secure you the complete compensation you deserve.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are some notably exceptions in each state, but it is imperative to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Arnold, MO right away after an injury so that the clock does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges are held to in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person lands in jail. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the relevant burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. Pursuant to that standard a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
That means that if a drunk driver avoids a criminal conviction because of mistakes in a police reports, you can still pursue compensation from them in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a firm belief that the claim is probably true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will change based on the specifics of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that the vast majority of tort suits are settled before they ever get in front of a judge and jury. If the parties settle, a claim can be resolved within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Arnold, MO goes to trial. If your injuries do not have a permanent impact on your life, your injury claim lawyer may suggest waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical bills.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, following an injury caused by another person's careless behavior in Arnold, MO, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- You get medical attention (and keep with it until you have fully recovered).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your claim and obtains evidence, such as police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may immediately file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your attorney gathers further evidence and acquires expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party negotiate before an impartial party in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if we cannot get you a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Collect Compensation if I Was Partially Responsible for the Injury?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be diminished by the portion of responsibility you share. So if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but decides you were 30 percent responsible, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive compensation if you are less than 50 percent responsible.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Arnold, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are anxious about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Arnold, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. The great thing about enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to corporate lawyers in Arnold, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three main advantages to that:
- There are no upfront costs. Rather than getting an hourly amount, we take a portion of the compensation you collect — only after we win or settle your case.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by utilizing their talent and drive to reach a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we honestly believe we can significantly increase your compensation . We accept the risk of employing our resources to win your case, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your present economic situation is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Arnold, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are entitled to.
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in Arnold, MO:
Call HK Law Today
Arnold, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Arnold, MO, we start building your case right away and stay in communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Arnold, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Arnold, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.