St. Louis and Southern Illinois Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys
St. Louis Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer
Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer St. Louis, MO. If you or a loved one has been injured in a swimming pool accident, you need to call Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us here for a free case review. You need an experienced, skilled and devoted swimming pool accident lawyer fighting in your corner, standing by your side.
Swimming pool accidents take the lives of almost 4,000 children and adults annually, while thousands of others require emergency care for catastrophic, long-term damages. Our swimming pool accident lawyer team at Halvorsen Klote works for our clients, looking out for your best interests and making sure that you have support and guidance throughout the process of your case.
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review | St. Louis Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer.
Swimming Pool Accident Resources from Halvorsen Klote
- Safety Guidelines for Residential Pools
- Swimming Pool Accident Injury Prevention
- Preventing Drowning: An Implementation Guide from the World Health Organization
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): Global Drowning Research and Prevention
- Swimming Overuse Injuries
- Five Steps to Swimming Injury Prevention
How Dangerous are Swimming Pools?
The swimming pool accident lawyers at Halvorsen Klote know that swimming pools can be extremely dangerous. The chance of accidents around wet concrete and metal are far more than most might imagine and, if you add to the mix an inability to swim, the chances of drowning are incredibly high. Here are a few more statistics our St. Louis swimming pool accident lawyer found showing the dangers of swimming pools:
- Drowning is the leading cause of death for children under 5, and the second leading cause of death for children under 15.
- More than 80% of accidental drownings occur in residential pools or spas.
- Drowning is the fifth leading cause of accidental death across all age groups.
- A swimming pool is 14 times more likely than a car to be involved in the death of a child under 4.
- More than 50% of drowning victims require hospitalization or further medical attention following the accident.
For more information regarding swimming pool accidents, or if you have any questions regarding your accident, call a St. Louis swimming pool accident lawyer at HK Law today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us to start on your journey toward achieving justice and complete compensation.
What Factors Make a Swimming Pool Dangerous?
The CDC provides information regarding swimming pool accidents, the factors that cause them and how to prevent them. The factors include:
- Lack of Swimming Ability — According to Red Cross research, more than 53% of St. Louis-area residents either cannot swim or they lack basic swim safety skills.
- Lack of Barriers — According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, a four-sided isolation fence surrounding a pool reduces a child’s risk of drowning by 83% compared to three-sided property-line fencing.
- Lack of Close Supervision — More than 69% of young children who drown were not expected to be in or near water. And, according to the WHO (World Health Organization), a lapse in adult supervision is the main contributing factor when children die from drowning, even when safety measures are in place in St. Louis. This can include inattention by a lifeguard, an adult or a parent.
- Location — People of different age groups drown in different locations. For example, the majority of drowning victims aged 1-4 drown in home swimming pools, while more than 57% of drownings among those 15 years and older occurred in natural water settings (lakes, rivers, and oceans).
- Failure to Wear Lifejackets or PFDs (Personal Floatation Devices) — Regardless of the size of the swimming pool in the Greater St. Louis area, lifejackets save lives.
- Alcohol Use — Alcohol impairs balance, coordination, and judgment, and it increases risk-taking behavior — all important functions in and around water. Alcohol use is involved in:
- up to 70% of deaths associated with water recreation
- nearly 1 in 4 emergency department visits for drowning
- about 1 in 5 reported boating deaths
- Seizure disorders and other medical conditions — For people with seizure disorders, drowning is the most common cause of unintentional injury death.
The swimming pool accident lawyer team at Halvorsen Klote has a complete understanding of all the St. Louis, Missouri and Illinois swimming pool laws and statutes and can use this knowledge and experience to defend you and your family during this trying time. No one should have to suffer from a swimming pool accident, no matter the circumstance. But, when it does happen, choosing a skilled and dedicated swimming pool accident lawyer can guarantee that you and your family are compensated for your time, injuries, and damages, and ensure that your financial future and health are protected. Call your St. Louis swimming pool lawyer with HK Law at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us for a free case review. We don’t get paid unless you win.
What Do I Do After a Swimming Pool Accident?
The moments following a drowning, near-drowning, or serious swimming pool accident in St. Louis are critical. It is easy to become paralyzed by panic in the wake of such an event, however, these are the moments that matter most. Follow these steps from our swimming pool accident lawyer to protect your safety, health and legal rights:
- Make sure everyone is safe.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Talk to a swimming pool accident lawyer at HK Law.
- Document the incident.
- Gather witness information.
- Take pictures of the accident scene.
- Preserve the evidence.
Your Swimming Pool Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote in St. Louis, MO
Halvorsen Klote is the industry leader when it comes to protecting your interests in a St. Louis-area swimming pool accident case. In the aftermath of your accident, the responsible party, their lawyers and the insurance companies are going to try to get you to settle for as little as possible and attempt to deflect as much blame as possible your way. This will allow them to settle quickly and get you out of their hair. They do not care about you or your interests. Your swimming pool accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote does.
When you choose Halvorsen Klote, you are choosing a swimming pool accident lawyer that cares about you and is committed to making sure you and your family are taken care of during this difficult time. You can expect nothing less than our best. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us.