Injury Claim Lawyer Nixa, MO
Nixa, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Nixa, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Nixa, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and harsh financial, physical and emotional burdens. It can be maddening when your injuries result from someone else's careless action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law offers a channel for injured victims to collect a financial recovery for their damages by means of personal injury claims. Usually, you'll need the help of an injury claim lawyer in Nixa, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Nixa, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's careless, reckless, or deliberate actions. While each accident and each injury claim is different, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common accident types. Some of the most frequent claims our injury claim lawyer team gets great compensation for in Nixa, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter how you sustained your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Nixa, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. In order to get the best results for your claim, call us right away so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Nixa, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must demonstrate that another party is at fault for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is predominant a personal injury claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had a duty to keep you safe. This is a given in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that motorists owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other associations, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and visitor, have defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you have to demonstrate that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law demands.
- Cause in Fact: The third course of action is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, your injuries would not have occurred. For instance, if a driver had not run a red light, or a doctor had diagnosed you on time, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether or not the defendant can be held accountable for the cause in fact. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be liable.
- Damages: The last element of negligence is that you suffered damages. In a personal injury case, that means you were injured. If you were rear-ended and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your vehicle, you probably will not be able to file a sound claim because you did not incur any real damages.
Every Nixa, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to demonstrate negligence and get you the maximum compensation you are owed. If you're unsure if another party bears responsibility for your damages, it's best to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Nixa, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Nixa, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are unsure about what the whole process entails. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Nixa, MO:
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the significance of your injuries and the skill of your Nixa, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Nixa, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to precisely value claims and deliver you the maximum compensation you are owed.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is vital to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Nixa, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident so that you do not bring complications to your claim.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal cases so that there is no chance that an innocent person is imprisoned. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of errors in police work, you can still hold them to blame in a civil claim.
If you and your injury claim lawyer choose to seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which lies between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the individual circumstances of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that 96 percent of tort lawsuits are settled before they ever get in front of a judge and jury. A settlement may only take a few months, while a case that goes to trial in Nixa, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, your injury claim lawyer may recommend waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical bills.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, following an injury caused by somebody else's negligence in Nixa, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You get medical attention (and continue treatment as long as necessary).
- You consult with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your claim and gathers evidence, such as police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your attorney obtains further evidence and collects expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate in front of an unbiased party in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially Responsible for the Injury?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be diminished by the percent of responsibility you bear for your injury. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent to blame, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive compensation if you are over half liable.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Nixa, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You may be worried about employing the services of a lawyer in Nixa, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. The great thing about hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to other attorneys in Nixa, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three principal benefits to that:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Because we don't get an hourly amount, we are paid with percentage of the financial recovery you collect — not before you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by employing their talent and dedication to achieve the best possible results.
- We only take cases on when we genuinely believe we can add considerably more value to your claim . We accept the risk of using our resources on your behalf, and we'll always be direct with you and will never mislead you.
No matter what your present economic circumstances is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Nixa, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you are owed.
Check out the these links to find out what other services we offer in Nixa, MO:
Call HK Law Today
Nixa, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Nixa, MO, we get started on your claim immediately and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can make the best decision for you and your Nixa, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Nixa, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.