Injury Claim Lawyer Barnhart, MO
Barnhart, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Barnhart, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Barnhart, MO. No one anticipates being injured, but when they are it creates sudden and harsh financial, physical and emotional afflictions. It's normal to be furious when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's thoughtless action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law supply a channel for injured victims to collect compensation for their damages in the form of personal injury claims. Usually, it can be difficult for Barnhart, MO residents to receive fair compensation without the aid of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have pledged our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Barnhart, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's negligent, reckless, or willful behavior. While determining who is liable depends on the unique facts of your cases, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common accident types. Some of the most common cases our injury claim lawyer team takes on in Barnhart, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of the cause of your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Barnhart, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, contact us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Barnhart, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must show that another party is liable for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Establishing a duty of care is predominant a personal injury claim. You must show that the defendant had a duty to your safety. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have stipulated that motorists owe others a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and visitor, have legally defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you must show that the person who owed you a duty of care behaved in a way that was unreasonable or did something against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third course of action is showing that if the other party had acted differently, your injuries would not have occurred. Meaning, if a driver had not been following you too closely, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be at fault.
- Damages: The last thing you need to demonstrate is that you suffered damages. In a personal injury case, that means you were injured. If you were rear-ended and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your car, you probably will not be able to file a sound claim because you did not receive any actual injury.
Every Barnhart, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to demonstrate the five elements of negligence and get you the maximum compensation you deserve. If don't know whether or not you have a claim, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Barnhart, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Barnhart, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are anxious about the process and how it works. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Barnhart, MO:
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Barnhart, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Barnhart, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to correctly value claims and deliver you the great compensation you are owed.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
There are some important exceptions in each state, but it is vital to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Barnhart, MO right away after an injury so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must abide by in criminal cases to protect innocent people from jail. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of errors in police work, you can still hold them at fault in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which falls between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the individual circumstances of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that the vast majority of tort suits are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Barnhart, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, it might be preferable to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical costs.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Typically, after you've been injured by another person's reckless actions in Barnhart, MO, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- You receive medical care (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You consult with an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer conducts an investigation into your case and acquires evidence, including police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes an official settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company refuses to pay the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer may choose to negotiate or may go directly to filing a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they gather futher evidence and obtain expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate before a neutral party in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if we do not secure a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Was Partially Responsible for the Injury?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be reduced by the portion of blame you bear for the accident. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but decides you were 30 percent responsible, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are over 50 percent liable.
How Much Do Injury Claim Lawyers Charge? | Barnhart, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You may be nervous about employing the services of a lawyer in Barnhart, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. A benefit of hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to criminal defense lawyers in Barnhart, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. That means three things:
- We require no upfront fees. Rather than getting an hourly rate, we are paid with percentage of the financial recovery you receive — but not before we win or settle your claim.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by using their experience and knowledge to reach a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we honestly believe we can significantly increase your compensation . We accept the risk of utilizing our resources for you, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
Regardless of what your current financial situation may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Barnhart, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you deserve.
Take a look at the links below to discover what other services we offer in Barnhart, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Barnhart, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Barnhart, MO, we start building your case right away and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you throughout the entire process. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do the best thing for you and your Barnhart, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Barnhart, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.