Injury Claim Lawyer Ste Genevieve, MO
Ste Genevieve, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Ste Genevieve, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating sudden and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. It can be maddening when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law offers an avenue for injured victims to collect a financial recovery for their injuries by means of personal injury claims. Most of the time, you'll need the assistance of an injury claim lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that matches and eclipses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Ste Genevieve, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's careless, reckless, or purposeful actions. While determining who is at fault depends on the specific facts of your accident, most cases fall into one of a number of common categories. Some of the most common cases our injury claim lawyer team gets great compensation for in Ste Genevieve, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how your injuries occurred, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO has seen it before. In order to get the best results for your claim, contact us right away so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Ste Genevieve, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot receive compensation for every injury; you must demonstrate that another party is responsible for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is a prerequisite to winning your claim. You must substantiate that the defendant had an obligation to keep you safe. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have established that motorists owe others a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have predetermined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you have to show that the person who had a duty to your safety behaved in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that if the other party had behaved differently, you would not have been injured. For instance, if a driver had not been drunk, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. A physician may not be held liable if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The final element of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury suit, that means you were injured. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you probably do not have a claim because you did not receive any actual injury.
Every Ste Genevieve, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury claim. If you're unsure if you have a claim, contact an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Ste Genevieve, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Ste Genevieve, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are uncertain about what the whole process entails. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the severity of your injuries and the expertise of your Ste Genevieve, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Ste Genevieve, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value the full extent of your damages and get you the maximum compensation you are owed.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is vital to call an injury claim lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO as soon as you can after an injury so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must abide by in criminal cases so that there is no chance that an innocent person is incarcerated. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that there is a more than than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
So, if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of errors in a police reports, you can still seek compensation from them in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will change based on the individual circumstances of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that almost all tort claims are settled before they go to trial. A settlement may only take a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Ste Genevieve, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not have a permanent affect on your life, it might be preferable to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical expenses.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
Typically, following an injury caused by somebody else's reckless behavior in Ste Genevieve, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You receive medical attention (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer conducts an investigation into your case and acquires evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is not met, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best plan of attack is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they gather more evidence and collect expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company enter negotiations before a neutral intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case to court if negotiations do not yield a fair settlement offer.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be deducted by the portion of responsibility you bear for the accident. So if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent to blame, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive a financial recovery if you are less than half liable.
How Much Do Injury Claim Lawyers Charge? | Ste Genevieve, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are anxious about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Ste Genevieve, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. The great thing about hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to other lawyers in Ste Genevieve, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three main benefits to that:
- There are no upfront costs. Because we don't receive an hourly amount, we are paid with portion of the financial recovery you collect — only after we win or settle your claim.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by implementing their experience and knowledge to attain a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we sincerely believe we can add significantly more value to your claim . We take on the risk of using our resources on your behalf, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
Whatever your present financial status is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you are entitled to.
Check out the these links to see what other services we offer in Ste Genevieve, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Ste Genevieve, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO, we start building your claim right away and keep you informed throughout the entire process. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do the best thing for you and your Ste Genevieve, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Ste Genevieve, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.