Injury Claim Lawyer Granite City, IL
Granite City, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Granite City, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Granite City, IL. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. It can be maddening when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law allows for a channel for injured victims to receive a financial recovery for their damages by means of personal injury claims. Most of the time, you'll need the assistance of an injury claim lawyer in Granite City, IL to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have pledged our lives to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Granite City, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or intentional behavior. While determining who is liable depends on the unique facts of your accident, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common categories. Some of the most common claims our injury claim lawyer team delivers maximum compensation for our clients in in Granite City, IL are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever the cause of your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Granite City, IL to know how maximize the value of your claim. If you've been harmed because of somebody else's reckless actions, reach out to us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Granite City, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must demonstrate that someone else is responsible for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is a prerequisite to winning a personal injury claim. You must show that the defendant had a responsibility to your safety. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put forth that drivers owe others a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and visitor, have pre-designated duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you must demonstrate that the person who had a duty to your safety did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law demands.
- Cause in Fact: The third course of action is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. For instance, if a driver had not been distracted, or a doctor had diagnosed you correctly, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether or not the defendant can be held accountable for the cause in fact. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be liable.
- Damages: The last thing you need to prove is that you suffered damages. In a personal injury suit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you probably do not have a claim because you did not sustain any actual damages.
Every Granite City, IL injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to prove negligence and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. If don't know whether or not another party bears responsibility for your damages, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Granite City, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
When we get a new case in Granite City, IL, it's typically the first time our client has experienced an injury claim and is understandably uncertain about the process and how it works. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Granite City, IL:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your accident, the extent of your damages and the skill of your Granite City, IL injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical costs, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Granite City, IL injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fully value the full extent of your damages and secure you the maximum compensation you are entitled to.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is essential to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Granite City, IL as soon as you can after an injury to avoid bringing difficulties to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges are held to in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is incarcerated. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. Under that standard a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that there is a more than than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
So, if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of mistakes in a police reports, you can still pursue restitution from them in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the jury or insurance adjuster are left with a clear conviction that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can change based on the particulars of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that almost all tort claims are settled before they ever get in front of a judge and jury. A settlement may only take a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Granite City, IL goes to trial. If your injuries do not have a permanent affect on your life, your injury claim lawyer may advise waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical expenses.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, after you've been injured by another person's negligence in Granite City, IL, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical treatment (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You discuss your injuries with an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer carries out an investigation into your case and collects evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to try to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they acquire more evidence and collect expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party negotiate in front of a neutral intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if we do not get you a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be reduced by the portion of responsibility you bear for your injury. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent responsible, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive compensation if you are over 50 percent at fault.
How Much Do Injury Claim Lawyers Charge? | Granite City, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are apprehensive about employing the services of a lawyer in Granite City, IL because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. The great thing about enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to corporate attorneys in Granite City, IL, we charge a contingency fee. There are three chief advantages to that:
- There are no upfront costs. Instead of getting an hourly rate, we are paid with percentage of the financial recovery you are awarded — only after you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by employing their talent and dedication to attain the best possible results.
- We won't take on your case unless we genuinely believe we will be able to considerably increase your compensation . We shoulder the risk of utilizing our resources for you, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
Regardless of what your current financial status may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Granite City, IL will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you deserve.
Take a look at the following links to discover what other services we offer in Granite City, IL:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Granite City, IL Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complex legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Granite City, IL, we start building your claim immediately and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do the best thing for you and your Granite City, IL family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Granite City, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.