Auto Accident Attorney St. Charles, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Charles, MOAutomobile Accident Lawyers
Auto accident attorney in St. Charles, MO. Auto accidents can happen in the blink of an eye in St. Charles, MO. If a negligent driver in St. Charles, MO was responsible for an accident, you need an auto accident attorney who will work for you to recover damages from the liable party. But not all St. Charles, MO auto accident lawyers are created equal. You need a reputable and knowledgeable law firm that prioritizes your needs. You need Halvorsen Klote. We stand by victims of auto accidents in St. Charles, MO.
We have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our St. Charles, MO-area clients in a variety of auto accident claims, including:
How Halvorsen Klote Can Help You in St. Charles, MO | Auto Accident Attorney St. Charles, MO
Did you know that in 2022, there were 1,040 fatalities in auto accidents in Missouri and countless more that caused injuries and damages on Missouri’s roadways? If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident near St. Charles, MO, you may be facing physical pain, emotional distress, financial hardship, and legal challenges. You may be pondering how to get the rightful compensation for your losses and damages.
That is precisely why you need a knowledgeable auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote. Our lawyers specialize in representing victims of auto accidents in St. Charles, MO. They can assist you in navigating the difficult legal process, negotiating with insurance companies, and obtaining fair and just compensation.
Halvorsen Klote is a personal injury law firm based in St. Louis with experience in handling St. Charles, MO auto accident cases. We have won countless cases for our clients and have received rave reviews from satisfied customers. Our attorneys are committed to serving victims and their families in St. Charles, MO. Call us right now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Causes and Types of St. Charles, MO Auto Accidents | Auto Accident Attorney St. Charles, MO
Auto accidents can occur for various reasons in St. Charles, MO and can involve different types of vehicles and collisions. A few of the typical causes of auto accidents in St. Charles, MO are:
- Distracted driving: This takes place when a driver is not paying attention to traffic or the road because they are using a phone, drinking, eating, adjusting the radio, talking to passengers, or doing anything at all that takes their eyes, hands, or mind off the task of driving.
- Speeding: This takes place when a driver exceeds the legal speed limit or drives too fast for the road conditions. Speeding reduces the driver’s reaction time, increases the braking distance, and makes the crash more severe.
- Drunk driving: This happens when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Driving under the influence impairs the driver’s judgment, vision, coordination, and reflexes, making them more likely to cause an accident.
Depending on the cause and type of auto accident, different kinds of injuries and damages can happen. Some of the typical types of injuries and damages include:
- Whiplash: Caused by sudden, back-and-forth movement during a collision, this is a serious neck injury that may not display symptoms right away. It can cause reduced range of motion, dizziness, headaches, stiffness, and severe pain.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): A brain injury caused by a jolt or blow to the head during a collision, TBI can cause cognitive impairment, mood changes, seizures, memory loss, coma, or death.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): This is a spinal injury caused by a fracture or dislocation of the vertebrae during a collision. It can cause paralysis, numbness, tingling, loss of bladder or bowel control, or sexual dysfunction.
- Broken bones: These are fractures caused by the impact or pressure of a collision. They can affect any part of the body and cause pain, swelling, bruising, deformity, or infection.
- Lacerations: These are cuts or tears caused by broken glass or metal during a collision. They can cause bleeding, scarring, nerve damage, or infection.
- Burns: These are injuries caused by fire or hot fluids during a collision. They can cause pain, blistering, peeling, disfigurement, or infection.
Auto accidents in St. Charles, MO can have devastating and long-lasting consequences for the victims and their friends and families. Along with many of the physical conditions listed above, potential consequences of auto accidents can include emotional trauma – like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, anger, guilt, or loss – and considerable financial hardships like healthcare, vehicle repair, income loss, diminished earning potential, or burial expenses. The Halvorsen Klote auto accident legal team is here for you. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Other cases we take on in the St. Charles, MO area include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What to Do After an Auto Accident in the St. Charles, MO Area | Auto Accident Attorney St. Charles, MO
It is crucial to take certain steps to protect your legal rights, safety, and health when you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident near St. Charles, MO. The following are the steps you should take following an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention: The initial and most crucial step is to seek medical care for yourself and anyone else who may be injured in St. Charles, MO. You should get by a medical professional as quickly as possible, even if you feel fine or you think your injuries are minor. Some injuries may not present symptoms right away or may deteriorate over time. Getting medical attention can also help document your injuries and associate them to the accident.
- Contact the police: Contacting the police and documenting the accident is the second step. The police will arrive at the scene near St. Charles, MO and look into the accident. They will also generate a report that contains important information like the date, time, precise location, weather, road conditions, witnesses, parties involved, damages, injuries, citations issued, etc. This report can be useful for your legal claim in the future.
- Collect evidence: Gathering evidence from the scene of the St. Charles, MO accident is the next step. This includes capturing pictures or videos of the vehicles involved, the damage sustained, the injuries suffered, the debris, the skid marks, the traffic signs or signals, etc. You should gather the names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information of all parties involved in the crash. You should also obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses who saw what happened in St. Charles, MO. Don’t forget to retain any bills or receipts related to your accident expenses.
- Avoid admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer: Be sure to refrain from admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer. After an accident, the other party’s lawyer or insurance company may try to contact you. They might try to get you to admit fault for the St. Charles, MO accident, accept a lowball offer, or sign a document that waives your right to sue. You should absolutely refrain from engaging in these activities without consulting with your own lawyer first. Anything you say or sign can be used against you later and reduce your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Seek legal advice: The final step is to immediately seek legal advice from a knowledgeable St. Charles, MO auto accident lawyer. A skilled attorney from Halvorsen Klote can help you understand your legal rights and options, analyze your case, gather evidence, submit claims, manage insurance companies, negotiate settlements, prove liability and damages, or take the case to trial. A lawyer can also help you steer clear of typical mistakes that can affect your case, such as failing to meet deadlines, offering inconsistent accounts, or accepting an inadequate settlement. Call HK Law today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Benefits of Hiring Halvorsen Klote | Auto Accident Attorney St. Charles, MO
Hiring a St. Charles, MO auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. The following are examples of the advantages of hiring one of our skilled lawyers:
- No fees unless we win
- Experienced trial lawyers
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Available 24/7
- Real results for our clients
- “Just wow. I never expected the outcome of my case to EXCEED my expectations. This firm knows what they are doing when it comes to personal injury matters. They are easy to get ahold of and are very helpful. Safe to say, I found my firm for life.” - Kala Carpenter
- “Highly recommend! They had exceptional customer satisfaction and did everything possible to help the customer!!” - Tyler Cowan
- “Had a wonderful and very positive experience dealing with everyone at the office. I had no idea what I was walking into and they helped me every step of the way! I would definitely recommend checking with them for your legal worries and you will feel awesome dealing with such a good team!” - Hunter Dale
Halvorsen Klote doesn’t charge any upfront fees for legal representation in St. Charles, MO. We work on a contingency basis, which means that you only pay us a percentage of the settlement or verdict in the event of a successful outcome. If we don’t win, you don’t pay anything.
We have a staff of talented and knowledgeable trial lawyers who are not hesitant to take your case to court when necessary. We have won millions of dollars for our St. Charles, MO clients and have taken on multiple cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and fall injuries, nursing home negligence, dog bites, wrongful death, and more in and around St. Charles, MO.
HK Law specializes in personal injury cases. We have the knowledge and expertise to handle the complex legal issues that emerge in St. Charles, MO auto accident cases. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies, prove liability and damages, and pursue fair and equitable compensation for our clients.
Our legal team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. We pride ourselves on our communication and responsiveness. We will keep you informed and updated throughout the entire process and make sure you are comfortable with every decision we make.
Halvorsen Klote has a demonstrated track record of delivering successful results for our St. Charles, MO clients. We have garnered glowing feedback and praise from happy customers who have experienced our professional approach, empathy, commitment, and success. Below are some examples of what our clients have said about us:
If you have been injured in an auto accident near St. Charles, MO, you need an auto accident lawyer from Halvorsen Klote fighting in your corner. Reach out to us now for a no-cost case review. We will listen to your story, evaluate your case, and advise you on the best course of action. We will fight vigorously for your rights and interests and help you get the compensation you deserve. You can call us at 866-382-4167 or complete our contact form online.
Don’t delay. Get in touch with Halvorsen Klote right now and allow us to help you with your car accident case.