Personal Injury Lawyer St. Charles, MO
Call for a No-obligation Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Charles, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in St. Charles, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides the same high standard of representation that large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in St. Charles, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to seek out legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced St. Charles, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in St. Charles, MO
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in St. Charles, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed themselves to helping those injured through no fault of their own in the St. Charles area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our St. Charles, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of personal injury claims.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause emotional trauma, disfigurement, puncture wounds and other injuries. Your St. Charles, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of support and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My St. Charles, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, childcare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get maximum compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the personal injury process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured on the job, on private property, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
St. Charles, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our St. Charles, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important when you're filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of variables when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in St. Charles, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Charles, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have lasting effects, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in St. Charles, MO now for a complimentary consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: