Personal Injury Lawyer Sullivan, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Sullivan, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for the injured in Sullivan, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Sullivan, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to seek out legal representation as soon as they're able to. A dedicated Sullivan, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Sullivan, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Sullivan, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be entitled to compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Sullivan area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Sullivan, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths pear year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include being struck by an object, poor training, slip and falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause emotional distress, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Sullivan, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of benefits and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Sullivan, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket costs (transportation, a nanny, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are hurt at work, on private property, or in cars and many other places every year.
Sullivan, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Sullivan, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Sullivan, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have enduring consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Sullivan, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: