Personal Injury Lawyer Fulton, MO
Call for a Free Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Fulton, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in Fulton, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Personal Injury Claims in Fulton, MO
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to seek out legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced Fulton, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Fulton, MO
If you were injured in a car or truck accident in Fulton, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be entitled to compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Fulton area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Fulton, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related fatalities every year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of injury claims that go to trial.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause mental trauma, scarring, puncture wounds and other injuries. Dog bites in Fulton, MO fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of support and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, bicycle accidents and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Fulton, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, childcare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured on the job, at home, or in cars and many other places every year.
Fulton, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Fulton, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of claims we handle in Fulton, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Fulton, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A catastrophic injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Fulton, MO now for a complimentary case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: