Personal Injury Lawyer Litchfield, IL
Contact Us for a No-Risk Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Litchfield, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in Litchfield, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Litchfield, IL
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A talented Litchfield, IL personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Litchfield, IL
If you have been in a auto accident in Litchfield, IL, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed their practice to helping personal injury victims and their families in the Litchfield area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Litchfield, IL personal injury lawyer firm takes on many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car crash deaths pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, poor training, falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental trauma, scarring, lacerations and other injuries. Your Litchfield, IL personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of companionship and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Litchfield, IL
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to injury. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the claims process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, at home or at their friend's house, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Litchfield, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Litchfield, IL personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you calculate economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in Litchfield, IL?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A serious injury can have enduring consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Litchfield, IL now for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: