Personal Injury Lawyer Belleville, IL
Call for a Free Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Belleville, IL. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Belleville, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Belleville, IL
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. An experienced Belleville, IL personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Belleville, IL
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in Belleville, IL, were hurt on the job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be entitled to compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Belleville area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Belleville, IL personal injury lawyer firm takes on numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related deaths every year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include faulty equipment, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to mental trauma, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Belleville, IL personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of support and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Belleville, IL Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get full compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt at work, at home, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Belleville, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Belleville, IL personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we handle in Belleville, IL?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have persisting effects, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Belleville, IL now for a complimentary consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: