Personal Injury Lawyer Fenton, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Fenton, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in Fenton, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your claim with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Fenton, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to seek out legal representation without delay. A dedicated Fenton, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Fenton, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Fenton, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Fenton area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Fenton, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related deaths every year and millions of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional trauma, scarring, gashes and other injuries. Dog bites in Fenton, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is liable for what their dog does regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death case, including loss of companionship and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Fenton, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, home assistance, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to injury. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's imperative to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, at home or at their friend's house, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
Fenton, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, causation, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Fenton, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if an injury does not seem serious, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of factors to consider when you calculate special and general damages. Damages can include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Fenton, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Fenton, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Fenton, MO now for a free consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: