Personal Injury Lawyer New Haven, MO
Call for a Complimentary Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in New Haven, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in New Haven, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in New Haven, MO
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to get legal representation as soon as they're able to. A knowledgeable New Haven, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in New Haven, MO
If you have been in a car or truck accident in New Haven, MO, were hurt on the job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be entitled to compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the New Haven area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our New Haven, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths annually and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of personal injury claims.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, poor training, falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs annually nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to emotional anguish, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in New Haven, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of benefits and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My New Haven, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to injury. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get full compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, on private property, or in vehicles and many other places every year.
New Haven, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our New Haven, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in New Haven, MO?
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in New Haven, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in New Haven, MO now for a complimentary case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: