Personal Injury Lawyer Macon, MO
Call for a Complimentary Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Macon, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in Macon, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Macon, MO
There are over 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to seek out legal representation as soon as possible. A knowledgeable Macon, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Macon, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Macon, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Macon area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Macon, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 motor vehicle accident fatalities every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental trauma, disfigurement, lacerations and other injuries. Dog bites in Macon, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is liable for their dog's actions regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of guidance and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Macon, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get full compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's critical not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to those injured by another's negligence. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured on the job, on private property, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Macon, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you hire them:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Macon, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of factors to consider when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Macon, MO?
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Macon, MO now for a free consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: