Personal Injury Lawyer Cottleville, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Cottleville, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for the injured in Cottleville, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Cottleville, MO
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to get legal counsel as soon as they're able to. A knowledgeable Cottleville, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Cottleville, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Cottleville, MO, were hurt on the job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Cottleville area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Cottleville, MO personal injury lawyer firm takes on a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include exposure to electricity, insufficient training, falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites each year nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite leads to mental distress, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Cottleville, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of companionship and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, bicycle accidents and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Cottleville, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and others. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to injury. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get full compensation after an injury. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured on the job, at home, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Cottleville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Cottleville, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of factors to consider when you figure out the special and general damages. Damages may include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of claims we take on in Cottleville, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Cottleville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have enduring consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Cottleville, MO now for a free case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: