Personal Injury Lawyer Elsberry, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Elsberry, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in Elsberry, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Elsberry, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced Elsberry, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Elsberry, MO
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in Elsberry, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Elsberry area. Our personal injury lawyer team has won millions for victims and their families.
Our Elsberry, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car accident fatalities annually and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of tort trials.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite can cause emotional distress, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Elsberry, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of companionship and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Elsberry, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, home assistance, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, on private property, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
Elsberry, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Our attorneys do not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Elsberry, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of cases we take on in Elsberry, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have lasting consequences, like financial losses, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Elsberry, MO now for a free case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: