Personal Injury Lawyer Owensville, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Owensville, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Owensville, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Owensville, MO
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This includes car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to find legal counsel as soon as possible. A talented Owensville, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Owensville, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in Owensville, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have dedicated their careers to helping those injured by someone else in the Owensville area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Owensville, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 car crash fatalities pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of personal injury claims.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, poor training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental distress, scarring, lacerations and other injuries. Dog bites in Owensville, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is responsible for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of guidance and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Owensville, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, childcare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to negligence. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get full compensation after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured by another's negligence. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, at home, or in stores and everywhere else every year.
Owensville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To make a successful personal injury claim, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Owensville, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of variables when you calculate special and general damages. Damages can include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in Owensville, MO?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Owensville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have persisting consequences, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Owensville, MO now for a free case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: