Personal Injury Lawyer Versailles, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Versailles, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through no fault of their own in Versailles, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a loved one have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your case with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Versailles, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A talented Versailles, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Versailles, MO
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in Versailles, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Versailles area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our Versailles, MO personal injury lawyer firm takes on numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths pear year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of personal injury cases that are heard by a jury.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, poor training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to emotional anguish, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Versailles, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of benefits and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, bicycle accidents and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My Versailles, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket costs (transportation, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's imperative to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured on the job, at home or at their family's house, or in restaurants and many other places every year.
Versailles, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions to ask a personal injury lawyer before you retain their services:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Versailles, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of factors to consider when you figure out the special and general damages. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Versailles, MO?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Versailles, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have long-lasting effects, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Versailles, MO now for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: