Personal Injury Lawyer Troy, IL
Call for a No-Risk Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Troy, IL. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in Troy, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides the same high standard of representation that large insurance companies have. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Troy, IL
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to find legal counsel without delay. A dedicated Troy, IL personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Troy, IL
If you have been in a car or truck accident in Troy, IL, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Troy area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Troy, IL personal injury lawyer firm specializes in numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 auto crash deaths annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include being struck by an object, lapses in training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to mental anguish, scarring, lacerations and other injuries. Your Troy, IL personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of support and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Troy, IL Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket expenses (transportation to and from medical appointments, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial damages. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's critical not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the personal injury process with our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, on private property, or in restaurants and many other places every year.
Troy, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Troy, IL personal injury lawyers are paid with a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a lot of variables when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially at-fault? Do you believe in my case? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of claims we handle in Troy, IL?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Troy, IL Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Troy, IL now for a free case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: