Personal Injury Lawyer Oakville, MO
Contact Us for a Free Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Oakville, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through no fault of their own in Oakville, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Oakville, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to seek out legal representation as soon as possible. An experienced Oakville, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Oakville, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Oakville, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the Oakville area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Oakville, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related deaths pear year and over 6 million accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the U.S.. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to emotional distress, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Oakville, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is liable for their dog's actions regardless of their actions.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of companionship and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Oakville, MO
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also fights for out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, childcare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial, physical or emotional damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get fair compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, at home or at their family's house, or in vehicles and everywhere else every year.
Oakville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our Oakville, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Oakville, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other hardships for your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Oakville, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: