Personal Injury Lawyer St. Peters, MO
Call for a No-Risk Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Peters, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for those injured through another's negligence in St. Peters, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. It's crucial that our team provides the same high standard of representation that large insurance companies have. If you'd like to discuss your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in St. Peters, MO
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to seek out legal representation as soon as they're able to. An experienced St. Peters, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in St. Peters, MO
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident in St. Peters, MO, were hurt on the job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the St. Peters area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our St. Peters, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 motor vehicle accident fatalities pear year and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of personal injury cases that are heard by a jury.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional trauma, disfigurement, lacerations and other injuries. Your St. Peters, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death case, including loss of benefits and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, pedestrian accidents and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in St. Peters, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also considers out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, daycare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to negligence. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
A personal injury lawyer is usually the only way to get maximum compensation after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's imperative not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are hurt on the job, at home, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
St. Peters, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
There are several things that need to get done if you want to win an injury case. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our St. Peters, MO personal injury lawyers are paid with a percentage of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your primary care physician. Medical records are extremely important when you're filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of claims we handle in St. Peters, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Peters, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A serious injury can have long-lasting effects, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in St. Peters, MO now for a complimentary consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: