Personal Injury Lawyer Clayton, MO
Call for a Complimentary Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Clayton, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents the injured in Clayton, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a loved one have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in Clayton, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A knowledgeable Clayton, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Clayton, MO
If you were injured in a traffic-related accident in Clayton, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured by someone else in the Clayton area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Clayton, MO personal injury lawyer firm has experience with many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 motor vehicle accident fatalities annually and millions of accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of personal injury claims.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include exposure to electricity, poor training, slip and falls, explosions and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental distress, scarring, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Your Clayton, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for a family member or spouse. You are eligible for compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of guidance and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Clayton, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical bills, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, daycare, etc.), property damage, and any other financial, physical or emotional loss due to injury. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
A personal injury lawyer is often the only way to get full compensation after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to those injured by another's negligence. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are hurt on the job, at home or at their neighbor's house, or in restaurants and many other places every year.
Clayton, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial damages. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Clayton, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to win a settlement. Even if an injury does not seem serious, having a written document will help your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages can include medical treatment and rehabilitation, property damage, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Take a look at the other types of claims we handle in Clayton, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer in Clayton, MO Now
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have persisting effects, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Clayton, MO now for a free case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: