Personal Injury Lawyer St. Robert, MO
Call for a No-obligation Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in St. Robert, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for clients in St. Robert, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or a family member have been injured, you're losing wages from not being able to work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in St. Robert, MO
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. Common accidents and injuries are car and truck accidents, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for survivors to get legal representation as soon as they're able to. A knowledgeable St. Robert, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best proceed and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in St. Robert, MO
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in St. Robert, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the St. Robert area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our St. Robert, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 auto accident fatalities annually and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year in the U.S.. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite leads to mental distress, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Your St. Robert, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death claim, including loss of support and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My St. Robert, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages factor in medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, childcare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to demonstrate negligence by the liable party. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if it's a wrongful death case or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. It's important for us to provide a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidental injuries are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, at home or at their friend's house, or in cars and everywhere else every year.
St. Robert, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Halvorsen Klote does not charge any up-front fees. Put simply, our St. Robert, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important if you are filing a claim and hoping to win a settlement. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much can I win after an accident? There are a number of variables when you calculate special and general damages. Damages can include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in St. Robert, MO?
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
St. Robert, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A catastrophic injury can have persisting consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in St. Robert, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: