Personal Injury Lawyer Mehlville, MO
Contact Us for a No-obligation Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Mehlville, MO. Halvorsen Klote provides expert legal representation for the injured in Mehlville, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands how difficult it is to deal with a personal injury claim if you or someone you love have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put you in a tough financial situation. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Personal Injury Claims in Mehlville, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 unintentional deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This includes car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It is important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A talented Mehlville, MO personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Mehlville, MO
If you have been in a auto accident in Mehlville, MO, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Mehlville area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Mehlville, MO personal injury lawyer firm specializes in numerous different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths pear year and millions of accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Company negligence can include faulty equipment, insufficient training, slip and falls, explosions, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually in the United States. Dog bites are a serious concern for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to mental anguish, scarring, puncture wounds and other injuries. Your Mehlville, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the person controlling the dog.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death lawsuits in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. There are several different damages you can be reimbursed for in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of benefits and loss of consortium.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Mehlville, MO
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and others. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket costs (transportation, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial damages. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, negotiate with insurers, and help you gather police documentation if necessary. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or the financial and physical consequences of your injury are devastating. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, at home or at their friend's house, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
Mehlville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial damages. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Mehlville, MO personal injury lawyers take a percentage of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are very important evidence. Even if an injury does not seem serious, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What do I need to give my lawyer? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? Do I have a case if I'm partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? Again, the more information the better.
Take a look at the other types of cases we handle in Mehlville, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have long-lasting consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Mehlville, MO now for a complimentary case evaluation.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: