Personal Injury Lawyer Madison, IL
Call for a No-Risk Case Review if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Madison, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in Madison, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to discuss your claim with Halvorsen Klote to understand your options, don't wait to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in Madison, IL
There are more than 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include traffic-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for survivors to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as they're able to. A talented Madison, IL personal injury lawyer is a great resource for legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Madison, IL
If you have been in a auto accident in Madison, IL, weren't totally compensated at your job, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might be eligible compensation. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have devoted their careers to helping those injured by someone else in the Madison area. Read what previous clients have to say about us on the testimonials page.
Our Madison, IL personal injury lawyer firm has experience with many different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 traffic-related fatalities every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents make up 60% of personal injury cases that are heard by a jury.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, lapses in training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year nationwide. Dog bites are a serious concern for adults and children. A dog bite can cause emotional distress, disfigurement, deep tissue issues and other injuries. Dog bites in Madison, IL fall under strict liability, which means that a dog owner is responsible for what their dog does regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by the closest immediate family members. You can receive compensation for numerous factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of support and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — Boating accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other incidents may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
Personal Injury Damages in Madison, IL
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, money lost from not being to work or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also makes claims for out-of-pocket costs (rental cars, a nanny, etc.), property damage, and any other financial damages. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will assist with any medical issues, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important not to wait to take action after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which the timeline for how quickly an injury claim must be filed.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of professionalism to injury victims and their families. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and millions of people are hurt at work, at home or at their neighbor's house, or in restaurants and many other places every year.
Madison, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, causation, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions victims often ask about their situation:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Madison, IL personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- What should I do after an accident? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if an injury seems minor, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you figure out the economic and noneconomic damages. Damages can include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, inability, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? The choice of a law firm is important, so you need to ask some questions before hiring one. For example, Do you have experience with this specific accident claim? Do you go to trial? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? Do you believe in my case? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Take a look at the other types of claims we handle in Madison, IL?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Madison, IL Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A catastrophic injury can have lasting effects, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide next-level legal representation to victims and their families. Don't wait to contact a personal injury lawyer in Madison, IL now for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: