Personal Injury Lawyer High Hill, MO
Contact Us for a Free Consultation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in High Hill, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents the injured in High Hill, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or a family member have been injured, you can't work, and if the medical bills are piling up. It's crucial that our team provides effective representation to each and every client. If you'd like to go over your claim with Halvorsen Klote to learn more, don't hesitate to contact us or call as at 866-382-4167 to speak to Halvorsen Klote's personal injury attorneys now.
Personal Injury Claims in High Hill, MO
There are more than 97.9 million urgent care visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer without delay. A talented High Hill, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek compensation for your injuries.
Common Personal Injury Claims in High Hill, MO
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident in High Hill, MO, sustained an overuse injury at work, or were bitten by a neighbor's dog, you might have a personal injury case. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help those injured through no fault of their own in the High Hill area. Our personal injury lawyer team has gotten great results for victims and their families.
Our High Hill, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 motor vehicle accident fatalities every year and hundreds of thousands of accidents, auto-related accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include being struck by an object, insufficient training, falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites each year in the United States. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental distress, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Dog bites in High Hill, MO fall under strict liability, meaning a dog owner is liable for their dog's actions regardless of if they were negligent or not.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death cases in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You are eligible for compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death lawsuit, including loss of support and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — Swimming pool accidents, slip and fall, nursing home abuse and other bodily injuries may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My High Hill, MO Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical costs, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (transportation, daycare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial loss due to negligence. We fight until there is no money left on the table.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's important to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
You can learn more about personal injury law in our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured by another's negligence. Accidents are now the leading cause of death for people under 35, and hundreds of thousands of people are hurt on the job, on private property, or in vehicles and many other places every year.
High Hill, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish a few things. To win a tort (injury) case, you and your lawyer have to prove how the other party is liable, cause in fact, fault and how the injury has affected you financially, emotionally and physically. Here are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Usually, there aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our High Hill, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of the final compensation you recover — called a contingency fee — and you only pay if there is a successful resolution to your claim.
- What should I do after an accident? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important evidence. Even if an injury does not seem serious, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a lot of factors to consider when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical bills, loss of consortium, loss of ability to enjoy life, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What other questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long will the claim take to settle? What if I was partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of cases we take on in High Hill, MO?
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
High Hill, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping those who need it most. A serious injury can have lasting consequences, like financial losses, losing time off work, and other hardships for you and the people you love most. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in High Hill, MO now for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: