Personal Injury Lawyer O'Fallon, IL
Call for a No-Risk Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in O'Fallon, IL. Halvorsen Klote represents those injured through another's negligence in O'Fallon, the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if the medical bills are piling up. We take a client-centered approach and offer the same high quality legal advocacy large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Personal Injury Claims in O'Fallon, IL
There are over 97.9 million emergency room visits and 24.8 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries, and more than 200,000 unintentional deaths in the U.S. each year. This includes car and truck accidents, slip and falls, and other injuries that lead to death. It's important for victims and their families to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. An experienced O'Fallon, IL personal injury lawyer is a great resource of legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Personal Injury Claims in O'Fallon, IL
If you were injured in a car or truck accident in O'Fallon, IL, were hurt on the job, or were not given proper care by a doctor, you might have a personal injury case. Halvorsen Klote's attorneys have committed their practice to helping those injured by someone else in the O'Fallon area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our O'Fallon, IL personal injury lawyer firm has experience with a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With over 35,000 auto accident fatalities annually and millions of accidents, automobile accidents make up 60% of personal injury claims.
- Work-Related Injuries — Employment injuries can include exposure to electricity, lapses in training, falls, fires and related accidents.
- Dog Bites — More than 4.5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for people of all ages. A dog bite leads to emotional trauma, disfigurement, puncture wounds and other injuries. Your O'Fallon, IL personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death claims in Illinois and Missouri are eligible for the closest immediate family members. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death claim, including loss of support and lost earnings.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and other incidents may mean you are entitled to compensation in Missouri or Illinois.
What Compensation Can I Receive for My O'Fallon, IL Personal Injury Claim?
A variety of compensation is available in personal injury claims. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages or lost earning capacity, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket costs (transportation to and from medical appointments, home assistance, etc.), property damage, and any other financial loss due to injury. We fight until you receive every penny owed to you.
If you want to get a full financial recovery after an injury, it's crucial to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, negotiate with insurers, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's critical to be proactive after an accident, even if you have lost a family member or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state stipulated its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the legal process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and millions of people are seriously injured at work, at home or at their neighbor's house, or in restaurants and everywhere else every year.
O'Fallon, IL Personal Injury Lawyer: FAQs
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To make a successful personal injury claim, you and your lawyer have to prove negligence, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does a personal injury lawyer cost? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our O'Fallon, IL personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are very important when you're filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if you do not have serious symptoms, some injuries do not reveal themselves immediately, and delaying treatment could hurt your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include things like lost earning potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. We need to be able to justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Are you willing to take the case in front of a judge and jury? What's your fee? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? What do you think my chances of winning are? Why? You need to know as much as you can before making this very important decision.
Check out the other types of claims we handle in O'Fallon, IL?
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
O'Fallon, IL Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are dedicated to helping people when they're at their most vulnerable. A serious injury can have enduring effects, like financial hardship, not being able to hold down a job, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in O'Fallon, IL now for a free case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: