Personal Injury Lawyer Wellsville, MO
Contact Us for a Complimentary Case Evaluation if You've Been Injured
Personal Injury Lawyer in Wellsville, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in Wellsville, the Metro St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our personal injury lawyer team understands the sudden and devastating consequences if you or someone you love have been injured, your injuries are keeping away from work, and if an injury has put a strain on your finances. It's crucial that our team provides the same high standard of representation that large insurance companies have. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.
Personal Injury Claims in Wellsville, MO
Every year, more than 97.9 million people go to the emergency room and 24.8 million go to a physician for accidents or unintentional injuries, and there are over 200,000 accidental deaths, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It is important for survivors to seek out legal representation without delay. An experienced Wellsville, MO personal injury lawyer will know how to best move forward and seek a financial recovery for your injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Take on in Wellsville, MO
If you have been in a traffic-related accident in Wellsville, MO, were hurt on the job, or slipped and fell at the store, you might be eligible compensation. It is our goal at Halvorsen Klote to help personal injury victims and their families in the Wellsville area. Learn more about Halvorsen Klote's history and success on the testimonials page.
Our Wellsville, MO personal injury lawyer firm can handle a number of different personal injury case-types, including:
- Car Accidents — With more than 35,000 traffic-related deaths annually and over 6 million accidents, automobile accidents are by far the most common personal injury claim.
- Work-Related Accidents — Employer negligence can include exposure to electricity, poor training, slip and falls, fires, overexertion and more.
- Dog Bites — Almost 5 million people suffer from dog bites annually nationwide. Dog bites are dangerous for adults and children. A dog bite can cause mental distress, disfigurement, gashes and other injuries. Your Wellsville, MO personal injury Lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will likely pursue a strict liability claim against the dog's owner.
- Wrongful Death — Wrongful death suits in Illinois and Missouri are usually filed by a family member or spouse. You can receive compensation for a wide range of factors in a wrongful death case, including loss of benefits and funeral expenses.
- Other Claims — ATV accidents, medical malpractice, pedestrian accidents and other bodily injuries may qualify for a personal injury claim in Missouri or Illinois.
What Damages Can I Receive for My Wellsville, MO Personal Injury Claim?
Depending on what state you're in, you may be able to collect a number of different damages. Both special damages and general damages take into account medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or losing the ability to work, and inability to enjoy life. Halvorsen Klote also seeks out-of-pocket expenses (rental cars, daycare, etc.), damage to your vehicle, and any other financial damages. There's a lot of ways our firm can help.
If you want to get the most compensation possible after an injury, you need to reach out to our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after an accident. Our firm will help you get full medical care, make the insurance company be fair, and gather the evidence necessary to prove your claim. It's imperative to be proactive after an accident, even if you are grieving a lost loved one or you are suffering financial and medical hardship. Each state has put into place its own statute of limitations, which limits how long you have to file a claim.
Find out more about your rights and the personal injury process with our FAQs. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of legal representation to those injured through no fault of their own. Accidental injuries are now the 5th leading cause of death, and hundreds of thousands of people are seriously injured at work, on private property, or in restaurants and many other places every year.
Wellsville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer: Frequently Asked Questions
To get fairly compensated, you're (with the help of an attorney) going to need to accomplish several things. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove how the other party caused your injuries, cause in fact, fault and financial, emotional and physical losses. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- Can I afford a personal injury lawyer? You do not have to pay anything up-front to retain our services. Put simply, our Wellsville, MO personal injury lawyers take a portion of any case victory — called a contingency fee — and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? It's important to go to a hospital or see your doctor. Medical records are extremely important when you're filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? How much money you receive will depend on your injuries impacted your life. Damages may include medical treatment and physical therapy, property loss, loss of income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost earning potential, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? The more information the better. Any witness testimonies, the name of the ambulance company, medical records, names, dates, phone numbers, pictures, expenses, and other material go a long way in a personal injury case. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Do you have experience with this specific injury? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? How much or a percentage do you charge? What is the monetary value of my claim? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially responsible for the accident? Do you believe in the merits of my claim? Why? You need to know as much as you can before moving forward.
Check out the other types of claims we take on in Wellsville, MO?
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Wellsville, MO Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are ready and willing to fight your case. A catastrophic injury can have enduring consequences, like financial hardship, losing time off work, and other pressure on your family. It's our job at HK Law to provide the same standard of high-quality legal advocacy insurance companies have to victims and their families. Don't hesitate to contact a personal injury lawyer in Wellsville, MO now for a complimentary case review.
Our practice area includes both the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Below, you can find a full list of the major cities we serve: